The Accounting Technician will report directly to Chief Financial Officer of the Permian Basin Regional Planning Commission.
Performs routine (journey-level) technical accounting support work. Work involves performing
detailed assignments in recording, classifying, examining, and verifying financial records,
documents, or reports. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of
initiative and independent judgment.
- Classifies, codes, posts, and balances financial accounting documents and records.
- Scan financial documents.
- Maintain fixed assets.
- Maintain financial filing system
- Assist with purchase orders
- Calculates, prepares, and issues bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial
statements according to established procedures.
- Record journal entries
- Assists with researching and reconciling discrepancies in accounts, bank statements, or
appropriation balances; and reports findings.
- Assist with an annual inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Assist with tracking invoices to ensure payments are made.
- Assist with auditing field operating reports, vouchers, claims, invoices, requisitions,
estimates, purchase orders, statements, and similar records.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Familiarity with accounting or bookkeeping principles. Graduation from a standard senior high school supplemented by college coursework in accounting is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures affecting the
maintenance of accounting records and automated accounting systems. Skill in the use of a computer and applicable software. Ability to review work for accuracy, to accurately perform detailed numerical work, to make arithmetical computations, to prepare financial and accounting records, and to communicate
Required Certificates and Licenses:
Texas driver’s license and available means of transportation to fulfill job responsibilities.
Permian Basin Regional Planning Commission
Midland, TEXAS, TEXAS 79706